Updates + Video of Fantasy Authors PanelPosted on 10.11.10Categories: Warbreaker People In SF Podcast Conventions
I have a long update coming probably tomorrow on the final Wheel of Time book A MEMORY OF LIGHT, the next Stormlight Archive book, sequels to other books I've written, and other projects. But for now just a quick post.
The Writing Excuses podcast I do with Dan Wells and Howard Tayler has the tagline "Fifteen minutes long, because you're in a hurry and we're not that smart." Well, in the most recent episode we make it even snappier, limiting our responses to three minutes per topic. We answer the following questions:
- What’s the right way to kill a character?
- Who are the authors who have influenced you the most, and why?
- When do you quit your day job?
- Brandon, would killing you and partaking of your flesh grant the killer your powers?
- What do you do when you discover you hate a character you’re writing?
- How do you respond to accusations of having written Mary Sue characters?
- What are some basic tools for ensuring that all characters in a story have different voices?
It gives a good taste of the kinds of things we cover on the podcast's ordinary episodes, so check it out.
Finally, if you weren't able to see the Fantasy Authors panel I did at New York Comic Con this past weekend with Jim Butcher, Joe Abercrombie, Peter Brett, Naomi Novik, and Deborah Harkness, Suvudu has posted video of the whole thing here.