Games Creatures Play is out this week!
I have a new short story out this week in the horror anthology Games Creatures Play, edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner. When Charlaine invited me to be part of this anthology and explained what it was going to be about, I knew I had to write a story for it. My contribution is called “Dreamer” and is rather unlike anything I’ve ever written—and it’s even a true short story rather than a novella. You can read a preview of it here.
If you like what you see in the preview, I hope you’ll check the anthology out. I know that horror isn’t something my usual readers necessarily read very much of on a regular basis, but you may be surprised and enjoy it more than you expected.
The anthology came out on Tuesday in the US/Canada and today in the UK/Australia/New Zealand. You can find region-specific store links above.
Here’s the full list of highly talented contributors and stories for the anthology:
- Charlaine Harris: “In the Blue Hereafter”
- William Kent Krueger: “Hide and Seek”
- Jan Burke: “Stepping into the Dead Zone”
- Joe R. Lansdale: “Dead on the Bones”
- Caitlin Kittredge: “The Devil Went down to Boston”
- Brendan DuBois: “On the Playing Fields of Blood”
- Dana Cameron: “The God’s Games”
- Scott Sigler: “The Case of the Haunted Safeway”
- Ellen Kushner: “Prise de Fer”
- Brandon Sanderson: “Dreamer”
- Mercedes Lackey: “False Knight on the Road”
- Seanan McGuire: “Jammed”
- Adam-Troy Castro: “Hide and Shriek”
- Laura Lippman: “Ice”
- Toni L.P. Kelner: “Bell, Book, and Candlepin”