Goodreads Choice Awards Voting Ends Tonight + Updates
First off, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to vote for the Goodreads Choice Awards already. The final round ends tonight. Firefight is nominated in the Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction category, and Shadows of Self is nominated in the Fantasy category. Best of luck to all the nominees!
In this week’s episode of Writing Excuses, Q & A on Revision, we continue to answer questions from from the WXR attendees, who were aboard the Independence of the Seas with us.
- During revision, when do you think it’s acceptable to throw the whole thing out?
- How do you fit the whole structure in your head?
- What do you find you most often need to add?
- What do you do when your revisions have made things worse?
- How do you avoid over-writing during the revision process?
- When revising, how many passes do you make, and what order are they in?
- Do you take the sounds of words into account when writing and revising?
Last week, in Tor.com’s continuing reread posts for Words of Radiance, Shallan practiced her scholarship and her Lightweaving, and perhaps took a small step toward confronting her memories. This week, in Chapter 61, we go back in time to watch sixteen-year-old Shallan struggle with the balance between helping her father and helping, well, everyone else.
My assistant Adam is working on updating the Twitter post archive for November.