Shadows of Self Previews + Updates
At Comic-Con this past weekend, Joel Cunningham of Barnes & Noble interviewed me about this book and its sequel. Watch it here.
The last Writing Excuses episode in June was a Q&A on scenes and description Here are some of the questions:
- How do you “Show, don’t tell” a character’s thoughts?
- How do you describe a character’s appearance when they’re in their own POV?
- What’s the difference between scene and setting?
- How does your writing environment affect the scene you’re writing?
- Can an evocative fantasy setting be described effectively in a short story?
In chapter 44 of Tor.com’s continuing reread posts for Words of Radiance, Kaladin and some of his men began Shardblade training. Chapter 45 goes back in time to a festival in Jah Keved, attended by the Davar family.
My assistant Adam has updated the Twitter archive for June.